The Grip-Tite Foundation Push Pier System is used to fix foundation settlement in your home. If you live in the Wichita area, your push piers could be installed by the professionals at IWP. All of our foundation repair solutions have been researched and tested by the manufacturing experts at Grip-Tite and our own technicians who have been installing these same systems for years. You can be sure this system will last for years to come and require minimal maintenance.
How Do Push Piers Work?
The push pier system uses steel tubes that utilize the weight of the structure to hydraulically drive the piers to bedrock or stable soils. The piers are spaced a maximum of 6 feet apart and are used to level or stabilize an existing foundation. Once the tubes are driven into a safe part of the soil, the load of the structure is fully transferred to the pier through an underpinning bracket that is positioned under the footing of your home. The structure is now stabilized to prevent any further settlement.
What Are Some Advantages of Push Piers?
When you're trying to choose a foundation contractor, it's important to choose one that knows what they're talking about. At IWP, we also want you to be informed about the potential systems that could be installed in your home and the benefits of each. Your home is a large investment, you should be knowledgable about its repairs. Our push pier systems have:
- End-bearing pier that does not rely on friction for capacity
- Each pier load tested during installation
- Ability to reach greater depths using a starter tube with friction collar
- High-strength steel pier sections and sleeved couplings have high resistance to bending
- Long life span, resistance to corrosion (design life in moderate soils is more than 100 years)
- Available with hot-dipped galvanized coating for added corrosion resistance
Whether or not the push pier system is right for you, IWP can help you with any home repairs. We are your foundation repair experts in Wichita, KS and the surrounding areas with years of experience in the industry. If you're ready to get started on your foundation repair project, give our team a call today for a free quote!